Rules of Engagement
We ask that you keep your comments and posts respectful to community members and relevant to BPU and its programs, news or initiatives, or the utility industry. Please abide by the social network’s Terms of Service and the BPU Social Media Policy while engaging with our social media community.
The BPU social media community is not monitored 24/7 and staff does not have access to customer account information. We generally respond to social media questions, concerns or comments Monday through Friday, between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. The best way to report an outage is to call 913-573-9522 for electric and 913-573-9622 for water. For all concerns with customer accounts, payments, and the starting/ending of services, please call Customer Service at 913-573-9190.
In addition to conforming to the social network’s Terms of Service for community participation, BPU will remove any content that:
- Contains spam
- Contains solicitation or advertisements
- Contains unlawful, harmful, harassing, threatening, abusive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, racist, sexist, discriminatory or hateful content
- Contains deceptive, misleading or factually unsupported content
- Contains links not authorized or approved by BPU
- Violates any applicable local, state, national or international law
- Infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party
- Promotes organizations or groups not affiliated with or sponsored by BPU
- Contains off-topic content that is unrelated to the original post
- Contains private, personal, or sensitive information about any individual
- Posts or links to files containing viruses or computer code designed to interrupt, harm, destroy or limit the functionality of any software or hardware
BPU social media content is available for public view. When you post in the BPU social media community, you give us non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use any materials that you post on or in connection with BPU’s page. We recommend sending a private message if your post contains account numbers, addresses, and personal contact information.
If you see a post or comment on our page that violates the BPU Social Media Policy or the social network’s Terms of Service, please report it by sending us a private message.
The name “Kansas City Board of Public Utilities” or “BPU” and the graphics, photos, logos, and videos displayed on the BPU social media community are the property of the BPU and cannot be used without written consent.
The appearance of links, posts or comments does not constitute an endorsement from BPU. User content does not necessarily represent or reflect the views or opinions of BPU, its employees or affiliates.
Terms of Service
The social network’s Terms of Service applies to all activity in this community.
Only those authorized by BPU may post content on behalf of the company. When posting content in your personal capacity, please be aware that the same principles and guidelines found in the BPU Social Media Policy and the BPU Employee Handbook apply.