Kansas Open Records Act (KORA)

How to make an open records request

Please check this website to see if the information you need is available online.

When making a request, we ask that you submit a written request to obtain copies of public records.

Click here to download the Open Records Request Form

Please be sure to include the following information in your request:

  • Your name
  • Mailing address
  • Specific description of the records you are requesting

A request for access to records should be made in writing or email to the BPU Chief Communications Officer:

David Mehlhaff
Chief Communications Officer
540 Minnesota Avenue
Kansas City, KS 66101

Please click here to view the KORA frequently asked questions


  • Save Energy, Water, Money by monitoring your usage in real time. Try Energy Engage™ now!
  • Paperless Billing, a simpler way to pay, pay your bill in minutes with paperless billing.
  • FlexPay: The Power to Pay Your Way