(KANSAS CITY, Kan.) — BPU is focusing on the next generation of difference makers with its new “Kid Power” web presence. The redesigned page now boasts an engaging design, kid-friendly interface, interactive videos, fun downloadable coloring pages and relevant links to explore.
Housed in a colorful, illustrated layout, the new page includes animated videos on topics ranging from electric safety to renewable energy. In addition, kids, parents and educators can choose from multiple fun and informative downloadable coloring pages. The site also includes links to more information, including experiments, educational resources on energy and conservation, and games.
The BPU “Kid Power” page has been updated with:
- A new name: renamed from ‘Kids Zone’ to the more empowering ‘Kid Power’
- Fresh content: more kid-friendly, fun and interactive
- Fun and entertaining videos: topics include electric safety tips, being environmentally conscious and the importance of renewable energy
- Downloadable coloring pages: multiple designs appropriate for different ages, related to electricity, water, community and more
- Useful links: additional sites for kids, parents and educators to visit and explore more
Click here to visit the new page.
BPU’s water department was originally created in 1909, and its electric utility was operational in 1912. The purpose of the utility, then and to this day, is to provide the highest quality electric and water services at the lowest possible cost. Today the publicly owned utility serves approximately 65,000 electric and 51,000 water customers, primarily in Wyandotte County, Kansas. The mission of the utility and its employees is “to focus on the needs of our customers, to improve the quality of life in our community while promoting safe, reliable and sustainable utilities.” BPU’s Web site is www.bpu.com.