Helping those in need with the Power of Community.
Kansas Emergency Rental Assistance (KERA)
Renters and landlords can apply for assistance to help with current and past-due rent, utility, and internet payments for up to 12-months.
Click here for program details.
To apply, visit the Kansas Housing Resources Corporation website.
To better serve you, BPU is offering assistance with your KERA application. Call us at 913-573-9123 or email us at email@example.com.
Click here for additional information.
BPU Customer Hardship Payment Service Program
For those needing assistance paying their bill due to health or other unforeseen emergencies, the BPU Customer Hardship Payment Service program is here to help. By partnering with the United Way of Wyandotte County, the program can help area residents take advantage of a one-time financial assistance service that provides up to $500 to offset power and water expenses.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have received at least six months of continuous BPU service.
- Provide proof of income (or lack of income).
- Provide verification of other expenses that prevent you from making your BPU payment.
- Verify that you are the resident of the address listed on your BPU bill.
- Set an alarm to be notified when you near a preset budgeted amount
Contact BPU Customer Service at 913.573.9190, or the special Hardship Hotline, at 913.371.6772 to learn more. BPU will refer all eligible cases to the United Way of Wyandotte County, program administrator.
For more information about the United Way of Wyandotte County, click here.
For a listing of other agencies offering emergency utility assistance programs,