BPU Customer Hardship Payment Service Program
For those needing assistance paying their bill due to health or other unforeseen emergencies, the BPU Customer
Hardship Payment Service program is here to help. By partnering with the United Way of Greater Kansas City, the
program can help area residents take advantage of a one-time financial assistance service that provides up to
$500 to offset power and water expenses.
To be eligible, you must:
- Have received at least six months of continuous BPU service.
- Provide proof of income (or lack of income).
- Provide verification of other expenses that prevent you from making your BPU payment.
- Verify that you are the resident of the address listed on your BPU bill.
- Set an alarm to be notified when you near a preset budgeted amount
Contact BPU Customer Service at 913.573.9190, or the special Hardship Hotline, at 913.371.6772 to learn more. BPU
will refer all eligible cases to the United Way of Greater Kansas City, program administrator.
For more information about the United Way of Greater Kansas City, click here.
For a listing of other agencies offering emergency utility assistance programs,